Welcome to the the application form for the Nanovic Institute's undergraduate research assistant program. The Nanovic Institute is currently accepting applications for undergraduates to work on the following project:
Public Art as Protest and Resilience during the War in Ukraine
This is a paid research opportunity that seeks to document and examine the role of public art projects, including on social media, during the Russian invasion of Ukraine. This project will help students develop experience conducting research, curate a public-facing project, and learn more about the importance of art during times of war. This project will begin on December 19, 2022 and end on January 16, 2023. We will hold a preliminary research meeting the week of final exams. Applications are due Sunday, November 27, 2022 by midnight.
This is an opportunity for students to:
- Learn more about the war in Ukraine and the connections between art, warfare, and protest.
- Gain experience conducting research using social media.
- Collaborate with students from the Ukrainian Catholic University.
- Expand their ability to critically analyze information from multiple sources.
- Have the opportunity to present their research to their peers and create a public-facing project.
Please contact Dr. Abigail Lewis (email@example.com) or Student Programs Assistant Director Anna Dolezal (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.